Answers from Our Ridgeland Immigration Attorney

Immigrating into the United States can be incredibly complicated. Petitioning the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires an in-depth knowledge of the laws as they apply to your particular situation, which can be difficult for those already busy with work or family issues.

To get started, read the answers to some frequently asked questions below or contact Navketan Desai​ at Taggart, Rimes & Graham, PLLCin Ridgeland, MS at 601-501-7105 to schedule your initial consultation.

What is a green card and how can I get one?

A green card serves as proof that an immigrant is a legal and permanent resident of the United States and includes the permission to live and work in the country. Green cards are granted by the USCIS after a waiting period and gives the citizen immigration benefits. Whether you have come for work or family, a green card can be achieved with the help of an attorney from Taggart, Rimes & Graham, PLLC.

How can my family members become permanent citizens?

The process of applying for your green card can take years and requires a citizen family member to sponsor you. Further, there are often long wait times that are governed by U.S. immigration quotas. While all applying for citizenship are subject to these wait times, the further the familial relationship from the citizen, the longer the one applying for citizenship will have to wait. Visit our family immigration page to learn more, or call Taggart, Rimes & Graham, PLLC to talk to our lawyer about your specific situation.

I’m getting married, can I apply for a visa?

It is a common issue in movies and TV that getting married to a U.S. citizen can help fast-track citizenship, however, in the state of Mississippi, you must be able to prove that the marriage was legal and not fraudulent. You or your spouse can then apply for a marriage visa that can help you on your way to becoming a permanent resident.

Can I come into the U.S. to work?

Workers and their employers can obtain a temporary work permit for a number of jobs, including those in the agricultural field or qualified professionals in fields where there is a shortage of domestic workers. These permits and visas can be applied for at any U.S. consulate, but can be complicated, especially when you are already in the U.S. Contact our Ridgeland immigration attorney for advice and help today.

Schedule Your Initial Case Consultation Today

Personal & Professional Experience from Our Ridgeland Immigration Lawyer

At Taggart, Rimes & Graham, PLLC, Attorney Navketan Kaur Desai has personal experience with immigration law. This informs everything we do and how we help our clients. We strive to provide compassionate support, no matter what your immigration issue, and we can give you legal advice in multiple languages, including English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, French, and Arabic.

Our firm is conveniently located in Ridgeland, MS. Call us today to learn how we can help you or request an initial consultation by filling out the brief online form below.